Below is a post that I originally wrote last January. I was rummaging through my blog entries to try to find something else and I came across this post. It made me smile and it made me giggle and it made me (yet again) so grateful for every moment with my children.
I thought I would post this again...perhaps it will bring you a smile and a few giggles as well...
- The familiar clip-clop of lots of tiny little plastic high-heeled shoes is heard throughout the house.
- "I'll be the mommy, you be the sister," has already been spoken at least a half-dozen times in our house this morning.
- "Kennedy! STOP!" She turned the small plastic table upside-down and she is balancing all ten toes on the foot of one leg and her two hands on the bottom of another leg.
- The dog ate my lunch. I'm serious. Apparently he likes cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches.
- The bathroom sink sprayed water all over the front of my dress. It has never sprayed before and I even tried to get it to repeat it's ugliness towards my dress and it refused.
- We have almost emptied the fridge of the remaining lemon and pineapple jello (from the three previous days requiring a clear liquid diet).
- We all gagged on that hideous Ensure-type drink that is supposed to be good for us. Addison has not been eating much since her tummy-sickness so we thought she might drink one. I gave a swig to Kennedy thinking she might drink a bit since she hasn't eaten much in three or so days. Bailey and I tried just because...ugh!
- The kitchen looks like I felt yesterday.
- "Has anyone seen the camera?"
- "What is this stuff smeared on the bathroom door? And who put it here anyway?!"
- I think to myself, "I better set the alarm clock for 4 p.m. if I am going to have this place cleaned up before my dear husband gets home."
:0) Seems as though we are returning to normal around here. Three little girls ushered me out of the kitchen so they could "get something ready for Mommy" and now "the show" awaits! Have a wonderful day. I know I will...wet dress, hungry, messy kitchen, giggly little girls, piled up on Mommy's lap for a book, banana-schmeared kisses and all! :-D
"1Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. 2It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep. 3Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 4As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. 5Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate." ~~Psalm 127
posted by Mrs. Klause
Originally posted: January 15, 2008; Re-post: January 5, 2009
Music: On Top of Spaghetti (Couldn't find this one for 2009); Over The Rainbow